During these difficult times it is necessary to sweeten our lives a little bit! Today we bring you 5 very easy and delicious ideas to prepare and share with the whole family.
1. Fun Animal Pancakes
American-style fluffy pancakes are loved by all ages. They are very versatile and great for either a sweet or savory breakfast or an indulgent treat.
Recreating animal faces is a fun and simple way to decorate your pancakes and put a smile on everyone’s face.
You can create faces of your favorite animals with strawberries, bananas, blueberries, nuts and combine the fruit with bacon, maple syrup, Nutella or cream cheese. Be creative – the possibilities are endless!
2. Healthy and Vegan Crepes
Who says crepes can´t be healthy? You can create delicious and healthy recipes with wholemeal, spelt or oatmeal flour. Converting the traditional crepe recipe to a vegan one is very simple. You will only need to change a few ingredients in the mixture to have a lighter batter with animal free products.
You can swap the butter for a vegan margarine, milk for a vegetable substitute such as soy, almond, hazelnut, coconut or rice milk. Substitute the sugar for agave syrup, or honey or simply add sweeter fruits such as bananas or dates.
Combine your crepes with fresh fruit, plain yogurt, nuts or muesli for a nice crunchy touch.
3. Ice Cream Milkshakes
Ice cream milkshakes are truly irresistible because they have all the flavor of our favorite ice cream but with a lighter, creamy texture. These fun milkshakes are ideal for the whole family and can be adapted for all ages and tastes with hundreds of combinations to try. Get the whole family involved and make snack time fun time for everyone.
Classic milkshake flavors include vanilla, strawberry and chocolate, but anything goes, and you can make the most of any fruit or ice cream that you already have at home. Experiment with different ingredients, flavors and textures. You can add fresh fruit, frozen fruit, fruit juices, plant-based milk drinks and for the adults, shakes can be spiced up with coffee, or even with a little sweet liquor.
Don't forget to top off your smoothie with whipped cream, sauces, sweets and different toppings to make a fun and delicious Milkshake!
4. Hot Chocolate
Homemade hot chocolate is perfect to serve up on those afternoons at home with a blanket and a good movie. There are a wide variety of ways to make hot chocolate, whether you like classic hot chocolate, with a touch of spice or with lots of toppings. We bring you a selection of original hot chocolate ideas.
- Hot chocolate with marshmallows: Traditional hot chocolate but add cookie crumbs sprinkled on top. The marshmallows should be toasted slightly first, so they float on top for a sweeter touch.
- Peanut butter hot chocolate: add two tablespoons of peanut butter to traditional hot chocolate and garnish with whipped cream and melted peanut butter on top of the cream.
- Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate: Combine white chocolate, milk, vanilla essence and spices to taste, such as cinnamon, cloves, ginger, nutmeg and pepper. Garnish with whipped cream and cinnamon.
5. Gourmet Savory Crepes
Savory crepes are fantastic and allow us to make endless variations depending on the filling we add. A savory crepe or pancake is an ideal treat for breakfast, lunch, snack, or dinner. Because it is so versatile and easy to prepare, it is perfect for many different dietary requirements and tastes. If you want to try some easy and original savory crepe fillings, take note of these ideas.
- Mediterranean crepe: Serrano ham, mozzarella, sun dried tomatoes and mixed lettuce leaves for a different and healthy combination.
- Crepes with smoked salmon and cream cheese is a classic that always works well.
- Crepes with mushroom filling and bechamel sauce. Creamy and super tasty!
- Crepes with ham, cheese and a fried egg - This traditional crepe never fails.
Make the most of these days of isolation and experiment with new recipes and enjoy good times with the family. We are #stayingathome and you?